Monday, April 13, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things- Another Installment

Kids Say the Darndest Things Part One

Oldest Princess has come up with some cute things to say lately, so I decided I needed to document them, too.

She was soooo mad at McDonald's the other day. They used to have an ice cream freezer when you first walked in where you could buy hard Tillamook ice cream, but when Grandma took her to buy her a cone, the ice cream freezer was gone.


Later that day she was telling me about it all. She was so mad she stamped her little foot and said, "Mom, you know the ice cream that used to be at McDonald's? They, they (she paused to find the right word for her frustration) they....DANGLY ripped it out and replaced it with coffee!!!!"


Dangly, huh? That's a new one, ha ha. At least she knew it was an adverb and needed an -ly at the end. That made her grammar loving mama proud. : )
_______________________________________________________


Just this afternoon, while I was nursing Prince Charming, the little turkey BIT me. Startled, I said, "No biting! These things are for drinking only!"


Oldest Princess overheard me and excitedly said, "That's good, Mommy! That just means he's going to be a meat eater! He's practicing how to chew!"


Proud of her baby brother, she ran to him and said in cooing, baby talk, "Who's my little carnivore? That's right. You're my little carnivore aren't you?"


Oh my, I was speechless. Glad to be of service....I guess???? : )


10 comments:

Katy said...

LOLOL thanks for the laugh Amy! :)

B.D.Riehl said...

That's awesome! I can't imagine having to keep on nursing with a little one encouraging the Nurser to keep on "chewin' on meat" ...meat being ME! Ha!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

LOL that is hilarious, kids really do say the darndest things!

~ Jill

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Tell Oldest princess for her Aunt Dana, "Thanks for the new word. I'll use it alot. Dangly. that is so great. LOL

RR Mama said...

Oh my gosh those are so funny! Out of the mouths of babes! We are feeling better, thanks. I hate being sick and I really hate it when my family is sick.

Daiquiri said...

Haaa!! So he has a new nickname, eh?

H-Mama said...

love it. kids crack me up. i'm visiting you from the 100 top christian blogs. :)

http://becomingaradiologist.org/top-100-blogs-on-christian-families/

JenT said...

lol...that's so funny...glad my little nurser doesn't have teeth yet!

LifeAtTheCircus said...

oh my... she is HILARIOUS!! Good thing you documented those ones!!

Hilty Sprouts said...

Oh that is good stuff! Watch out for that little carnivore of yours!