Thursday, March 6, 2008

Why A New Blog?

I have been blogging for over a year now, so why did I feel the need for a new blog?

I began my other blog to keep friends and family updated as we tried to adopt from Liberia, West Africa. It was a perfect forum for bringing our loved ones along for the journey, and it allowed me to connect with some new, amazing friends in the adoption world.

Circumstances outside of our control, including two failed adoption attempts and now pregnancy, as well as other things, have forced us to put our adoption process on hold until God says, "Go."

Although the adoption blog has been such a blessing, I've noticed that I have been so focused on future events and the stress of our adoption process, I haven't been celebrating the countless blessings that our mine right now.

I'm excited to observe, process, and celebrate my everyday life. That's the meaning behind the title, Everyday Becky. Come on in, sit down on my couch, and let's talk.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, I love the look of the new blog. I have followed your journey and enjoy hearing about your life. I look forward to hearing more about your pregnancy and what God has for you.
If you ever want to explore or talk about Ethiopian adoption - let me know!
Debbi

Mrs. MK said...

Hi, Becky! Fun new blog!! And good title!!

I will add you to my daily feeds and reads!! :-)

HUGS!!

missy said...

I think this is a wonderful idea. I love your new blog, new look and new focus. Hang tight mamma friend. It's so easy to get obsessed with adoption stuff. I'm hoping I can do better next time around.
Love ya,
Missy

Sean and Lisa said...

Becky, LOVE it!

Fresh, fun and looking forward. Still praying for ya!

Love,
Lisa

Sean and Lisa said...

Becky, LOVE it!

Fresh, fun and looking forward. Still praying for ya!

Love,
Lisa

Donna Barber said...

Great blog becky! And you are so right. There is too much living to do to put it on hold.

beBOLDjen said...

HI Becky,

I found my way over here from Daiquiri's blog. Just wanted to pop in and say hello! LOVED the ultra sounds pics. Itsn't that technology just breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.
Love your daughter karissa

Fairion said...

Welcome to Prince Charming. He is so cute. We have just taken the first tiny steps towards looking into adoption.