Tuesday, March 18, 2008

About Me


Who I Am Today:



I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest and continue to believe it is the most beautiful area of the world. I love the beauty and diversity of the Northwest and have no desire to live anywhere else.

I am a former public school teacher and currently a stay at home mom. I constantly say that I am living my Mom's dream. Although she longed to be home with us, she was never able to make that a reality. Seeing how much she desired what I now have, makes me so very grateful for the blessings of being "Just a Mommy."


The last three years have been the most challenging of my life as I've dealt with the heartache of four consecutive miscarriages and two failed adoption attempts. It has been a beautiful three years, however, as I've lived out my faith like never before and felt the incredible touch of love from Jesus.


After all of the losses, I am once again expecting a baby. We are celebrating each milestone crossed and each precious day of this pregnancy. Our whole family can't wait to meet this little one. We are all incredibly grateful for the gift of this little life.


When I am not busy being Mommy, I enjoy blogging, scrapbooking, as well as teaching a women's bible study and writing for my church's Women's Ministry.



My Dreams for the Future:


I am in the process of finishing my first non-fiction book and dream of pursuing a writing career in the future. I see this as my time of preparation and can't wait to see what God has in store.


For now, I am trying to be purposeful about enjoying every moment of my everyday life. I am blessed beyond measure and don't want to miss a moment of it living for the future.
As I said in my profile, above all else, I want to please God, know Him more, and make Him known.

<><

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU GOING TO SHESPEAKS???

:)

I am!

Becky Avella said...

Oh, Robin, I wish I could!!! I got to go last year and it was so amazing!

I did the writing track last year. I hope I can go again soon to do the speaking track. Maybe next year or the year after that.

Last year God completely surprised me with the ability to go. Maybe He'll surprise me again. : )

I hope you have a great time!

Becky