Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

My youngest daughter has come up with some classics lately that I don't want to forget, so I thought I'd document them here. : )
________________________________________

My girls were having a tea party and I overheard this very, very polite conversation:

Big Sister: So, how is your day today?

Little Sister: Well, the children, they are driving me crazy.

(I know your pain, little girl!) : )

_______________________________________

I have been on a spring cleaning kick lately. I do know it isn't spring yet, but I think deep down I hope the cleaning will make spring come sooner.

I borrowed my mom's portable steam cleaner and have been going to town on floors and faucets and toilets trying to make everything shine. My youngest daughter has been my helper. She loves being a little homemaker with me.

While we were in the middle of cleaning, she took a look at her sick daddy laying on the couch and said, "Mommy, I think we need to steam clean Daddy and kill all HIS germs!" : )

(Don't think he'd enjoy that too much, but I can't fault her thinking. None of us want to get what he has, poor guy!)

________________________________________

Littlest Princess had two friends, Suzie and Molly, over the other day, and after watching a movie together they were acting out scenes from the movie. Two of the girls insisted they needed to be girls and WOULD NOT pretend to be a boy. Here's how the conversation went: (Names have been changed to protect the innocent)

Suzie: I don't mind being a boy. I don't know why but sometimes I like to be the boy when we pretend.

Princess: That's because of the peanut. You like to be a boy so you can have a peanut, too.

Suzie: It is NOT called a peanut! My daddy says it is called the nut!

Molly: Oh! I can't be the boy then. I'm ALLERGIC to nuts!

I'm sure Molly's momma will be glad to know her daughter is allergic to those types of nuts. At least until she's ready for grandchildren!


12 comments:

Daiquiri said...

Oh, this was hysterical. Do I know Molly???

Katy said...

LOLOL Thanks for sharing! That's definately one you will want to remember someday so you can tell your future son-in-law! :)

Angie said...

I can't stop laughing!!! I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones. Thanks for sharing!

Kinslee said...

Ha Ha Ha! That is so funny. I love the kinds of things that kids say.

Rae said...

Aaah! Ha ha! That is sooo funny! I love it! So, little Suzie has "peanut envy"?! :)

Kim said...

Definitley made me laugh. Kids are so funny. My middle child comes up with some stuff too. Kids are a delight.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when I was giving Amy her bath last night and I thought it would be fun to put Ben in too and kill two birds with one stone. Amy promptly informed me, "That(pointing)is a peanut Grandma, all boys have them." Thanks Amy, for the information. It may come in handy someday. Grandma

Hilty Sprouts said...

Oh, I just about died laughing! Too funny!

Jen

Heidi said...

The "peanut" story is great!! I could not stop laughing and I needed a good laugh!! I reminds of a comment Ethan said to me when he was almost 2 yrs old. I'll have to tell you that one sometime!! Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

oh now that is funny! My daughter is allergic to nuts too.... I hope she thinks those are included for many many years!

What a great laugh!

Crystal said...

Sandy pointed this blog out last night! Chad and I were crying, we were laughing so hard!!

The Jernigan Family said...

oh my gosh...I am crying I am laughing so hard. We will have to tell Sage she is allergic to nuts too....lol...