Thursday, February 5, 2009

Spot is Missing : (

My oldest princess has had this little stuffed dalmatian dog since she was a baby. Until recently, there hasn't been a night she's slept without him for a very, very long time. He will always represent her childhood to me. Anyone who knows her, knows how important Spot is to her. We are anti-clutter people and are known for throwing or giving things away, but this is one toy I planned on keeping forever.

I don't know how it happened, but somehow Spot got lost after Christmas. I have turned this house inside out looking for him. One night, with tears in her eyes, she said, "Mommy, I think Spot is lost forever." It just about broke my heart. I'm as attached to him as she is.

I thought for sure he would have turned up by now, but he is nowhere to be found. If you are so inclined, would you pray for a little girl to find her favorite stuffed doggie?

Thank you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely pray. We have a "Duster" at our house. She belongs to my nearly 15 yo. And if it makes you feel any better, Duster has had some near misses in the "being gone forever" department. But she's always turned up.

So I'll pray that Spot is found quickly. I understand what a big deal it is.

Anonymous said...

Prayers that Spot will turn up. So, he/she did make it home from your trip to the relatives, right? Did you check in the van?

Marisa

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Not Spot!

Daiquiri said...

Aww. It just makes my stomach drop to think of it :(

Missing you...

Hilty Sprouts said...

Poor girl! And poor Spot! I am praying!

Jen

Katy said...

I'm sorry to report that Spot has not been found at the Isley residence. But we will keep our eyes peeled and our prayers with him and Karissa! :)

Rae said...

Oh Becky! We lost "Bear" a while ago too. Fortunately, a new Bear entered our lives and it's been okay (not the same, but okay). And, I have Sears pics of Punk with the original Bear. Anyway, we know how you all feel and when the kids get up from naps, we'll all say a prayer for Spot and your princess.