Friday, April 24, 2009

15 Minutes at a Time

Thanks to all of you who are cheering me on with W.O.W. You can still join in any time! There are seven people playing along with me this round, and I promised if we had 10, I'd up the prize. (Bribe, bribe) So if you are thinking about it, jump on board. There is still lots of time before Wednesday.

I felt bad about how confusing I made it all sound. If you want me to add your link to the Mr. Linky, I don't mind at all. Just pick a goal to get done before Wednesday, blog about it, and then let me know. Even if you aren't playing with us this time, we could all use some encouraging comments to keep us motivated. : ) Links to the blogs of the other people playing are at the bottom of my last post. My mom doesn't have a blog (she's sewing herself a sundress this week) so she is using my blog. You can just cheer her on in my comments section, and I'll post her final pictures next Wednesday along with my wrap up.

I'm working on Prince Charming's nursery. I've been setting my timer for 15 minutes each day and that's all I've done so far in there. I'm actually amazed at how much I can accomplish in just 15 minutes if I stay focused.

I hope you are all having fun with this! (And I promise I'll have some non-W.O.W. posts up soon for those of you tired of all of this productivity. Hee Hee)

Love,

7 comments:

Rachel Beran said...

Thanks for the update Becky. The 15 minute timer thing is an excellent idea. It's not so overwhelming that way.

This is fun. Well, I haven't gotten much done yet, but I'll have more time this weekend. I have Sat, Sun and Mon off. :) It will be more fun when it is all done and I can pat myself on the back.

Have a great day and keep up the good work!! You too, Becky's mom! :) Sure wish I could sew as beautifully as you!

Becky Avella said...

Mom's name is Sally. : )

Go, Mom! Can't wait to see your pictures of you wearing your new dress. : )

B.D.Riehl said...

Go Sally! I have a sewing machine...and no idea how to use it! I"m amazed at folks like you that can actully make clothes! Can't wait to see pictures!
Thanks for the tip, Becky. I've worked on teh room a lot today (it is now empty) but I was feeling overwhelmed. The 15 minute tip will be my plan tomorrow.
Here's me cheering you on: Whoo, Hoo!!!

Mom said...

Good luck Rachel and BRiehl. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to go sew now! Sally

Mom said...

Oh, I just wanted to warn everyone: my friend just got hit with that April fools virus. There was just a pop-up that warned her that her computer was in danger of a virus and when she clicked on it, it started scanning all her programs getting passwords, account numbers etc. etc. She immediately got notices from her Visa card asking about purchases she hadn't made. It is a mess--so beware!

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Go Sally!!! I wish you could be my resident seamstress. You are so talented at that. Go Becky!!!! I love the 15 minute idea. I think I'll use it to get my office cleaned up but I think I'll use 30minutes instead. Thanks for the idea. Go everyone!!!! Mia, Katy, Em. Don't know the rest of you but I'm pulling for you anyway. LOL.

Kim said...

What a good little tip for the 15 minute timer. I should use that in my everyday routine. You can get alot accomplish if you set aside just 15 minutes a day. Keep up the hard work. Can't wait to see Prince Charming's room. And definitley can't wait to see your mom's sun dress. Go Becky's mom!