Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just Like Their Mama

I laughed when I walked into the living room and saw my oldest princess like this:





I can't tell you how many hours I spent in that very same position when I was a kid. Curled up with a good book, with my feet up in the air. Some things are just genetic, I guess.

Love of a good book must be one of them. My youngest princess is taking off with her reading lately, too. I'm so proud of her. She reads and spells everything she sees. The teacher in me is thrilled to see both girls reading so well. I'm excited to work with her more this summer while she's out of school. I love that my kids love books like their mama.

Looks like Prince Charming is next! Hee Hee. What a little genius, he is! : )





I've been told that the Twilight series is my next "must read." As soon as my mom gets here for Easter with her set of books for me to borrow, I'll let you know what I think.
Happy Thursday Everybody!

6 comments:

Hilty Sprouts said...

That post made me smile! I spent countless hours reading as a child and I'm so excited that both my kiddos love books too.

Btw, I like Prince Charming's jammies. Those were some of my favorites on Z-man!

Angie said...

That looks like Jacob! He's really loving to read these days too....he even chooses it over wrestling with Daddy.

I LOVE the pics of my sweet nephew. I can't believe how much he is changing.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Congrats on your win to She Speaks. I know you'll be blessed.

peace~elaine

The Jernigan Family said...

You have to have to have to read Twilight. Aunt Dana convinced me because I wasn't quite sure, but I loved them. Read all the books before you watch the movie though! PC is looking SO big now!
Cute haircuts too!

missy said...

o girl...you're going to love twilight. yes, i'm a 40 year old mother of 4 who is madly in love with a 17 year old fictional vampire...pathetic...simply pathetic

jenifriend said...

be careful; i heard those twilight books are addictive!! and i also lay like that to read a book!! and i'm talking about your daughters picture :)