Friday, April 3, 2009

He Did It For Me and I'm Crying

They announced the winners of the She Speaks Conference scholarship contest this morning at 11:00 Eastern Time. This post was my entry for the contest if you missed it.

I couldn't bring myself to look to see who won this morning, so I just prayed. I wanted it so badly, but felt so much the desire of all the people who entered, I didn't know how they could possibly choose a winner.

They couldn't....pick one that is. God made a way for them to pick three! Two hours past the announcement, I finally got the courage to go look and see who won and there it was "Everyday Becky." : )

I was shocked and started crying immediately. : ) I can't put into words how much I needed this confirmation from the Lord and how amazing it is to see Him do this for me.

I was going through my prayer journal yesterday, and reading some of my prayers about my book and my dreams for ministry. When I saw the announcement this morning, I remembered writing down this song and praying about it in December. Here's what I wrote:

Here I Am
(Song by Downhere)

Sometimes your calling, comes in a dream
Sometimes it comes in the Spirit's breeze
You reach for the deepest part of me,
And call out for the things of eternity.
But I'm a man, of dust and stains,
You move in me,
so I can say,

CHORUS:
Here I am,
Lord send me,
All of my life,
I make an offering,

Here I am,
Lord send me,
Somehow my story,
Is part of your plan,
Here I am

When setbacks and failures,
and upset plans,
Test my faith and leave me with empty hands,
Are you not the closest when it's hardest to stand?
I know that you will finish what you began.
These broken parts you redeem,
Become the song, that I can sing

(chorus)

Overwhelmed by the thought of my weakness,
And the fear that I'll fail you in the end,
In this mess, I'm just one of the pieces,
I can't put this together but you can.

Somehow my story is part of your plan and if it means I have to be exposed and transparent and take some rejection, I’ll do what you want me to do. Please give me the strength and grace to handle it and please show me the right timing. One of my favorite lines in the song is, “I can’t put this together, but you can.” I’ll just sit back and wait for your miracle, your direction, your leading, your equipping, whatever it will take to do with it what you will. Help me to truly let go.

HE'S SO GOOD TO ME!

Thank you, Lord for hearing me and caring about my dreams.
Thank you for making a way.
Thank you for the amazing confirmation I needed to not give up.
I love you.
I'm so thankful, so humbled, and so in shock. : )
I'm so excited to go.

Thank you for this miracle. Please comfort the hearts of those who did not win, but have such big dreams for you. Realize those dreams for them and move mountains to get them to the conference. Help them to feel you in this and to know that you are the author of their dreams. Thank you for being so good to me, Lord.

21 comments:

Laurie said...

Becky,
Your entry post was amazing. I could feel your heart for the Lord. Congratulations on winning! I know that God has something really special in store for you!

Laurie

Mom said...

Congratulations Babe! I am amazed at God's work! Love, Mom

Melody said...

Congratulations Becky! May God bless you as you continue to seek Him in your writing and simply sharing with others the great things He has done in your life. Have an awesome weekend at the conference!!!

From Tablets Of My Heart ~Doll said...

Miss Becky,

Your Blog is Awesome, and I see why they chose yours. In fact, I liked it so much I officially a follower. I read through it and I especially like the exposure of Oprah. I share the same information with many, who refuse to see.

Anyway thanks for entering otherwise,
I may have never seen Everyday with Becky.

Blessings,
~Dolli

RR Mama said...

Wonderful entry and congrats post! I hope you have the time of your life! God truly has something fantastic in store for you!!!

Lisa Smith said...

Congratulations!! Your story is so powerful and one that many women share. I know He has big plans for your book. May God use you beyond your wildest dreams!!

Carol said...

Congratulations sweet Becky! I can't wait to see what God does in your life!

Shanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

This conference has been soooo important in my life. I remember my first year there, I think you and I were the only 2 people from Idaho! :o) I will be praying for you as you attend this year. I'm still waiting to see what happens for me. I don't think this year is for me, but with GOD you never can tell! :o) Once again, Congrats, and I look forward to reading how HE moves you through this opportunity!

Tracie Miles said...

Congratulations Becky! I know you are so excited! God must have big plans for you this year. :)
I hope to meet you at the conference! Until then, take care!

Mrs. MK said...

I'm so glad you won!!!!

Emma said...

Congratulations Beck! You deserve it :)

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Beck. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Love you. Aunt Dana

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Oh sweet Becky---

I can't wait to see you--- and see how God continues to direct you in ministry.

What a beautiful heart you have!

Raye Ann said...

Congratulations Becky,

Your entry was beautiful. If God provides a way I hope to see you there.

Blessings
Raye Ann

Daiquiri said...

I just can hardly wait to see what he does with you and your book (and future books? speaking?) Who knows with our great and amazing God! Your kind and gentle and Jesus loving heart has been such a blessing to me for all these years - it's really only right that you share it with others. You and your writing will most certainly be a blessing to others too.

I love you to pieces! I'm so happy for you! I'm so thankful to God for blessing you! I'm so proud of you!

Can I fit in a few more exclamation points, please?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously - love you to death and am thrilled for you. You inspire me :)

Daiq

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

I love love love that song!

Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment. I really appreciate it. I can't imagine what a challenge it must have been to narrow down to three winners as there were so many amazing entries!

Thank you for the prayers, and I truly hope it is in God's plans for me to attend this year as well!

Melissa Stover said...

i just popped over to congratulate you! you deserve it.

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Becky,

I'm thrilled for you and hope we can meet at She Speaks. Praise God for His goodness, girl! :)

Glynnis Whitwer said...

Becky - Congratulations!!! I remember sitting next to you at breakfast a few years ago at She Speaks and hearing about your dreams. it's amazing how God fulfills them.

In His Love,
Glynnis

Crystal said...

Good things do happen to good people.

jenifriend said...

I didn't read your She Speaks blog at first, and I'm so happy I went back to read it! Becky your story is amazing, and it speaks to so many other parents who have struggled with the loss of a child, and the possible struggle in remaining steadfast in faith when that hope seems to be lost. You deserve to go to this conference, and I can't wait to hear what kind of wonderful things you are provided from it!!