Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Day of Fun, Love, and New Wheels

Wow! We had quite the celebration yesterday for our little five-year-old, and we haven't even gotten to the birthday party we have planned for Saturday. She's going to be spoiled. : )

Pat left the gift from us waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs so she could find it when she woke up. Sorry this video is so dark. It was really early!


It was too cold to go outside and ride first thing in the morning, so she had to make do with riding it through the house. I was ready for the sun to come out!

Her old bike was so tiny her knees almost hit her earlobes when she rode it. It was fun to see how happy she was with her new wheels. : )





(I don't know why this video was blurry....Oh well)

My mom and dad called to sing her "Happy Birthday" and so did her cousins. I wish I could describe how embarrassed and cute she was listening to them all sing to her over the phone. I could tell she loved it but didn't know what to do with herself.

After, lunch her other Grandma and Grandpa stopped by to visit and give her her birthday card. The stash inside the card will fund a great shopping trip! She already has plans for how she is going to spend it. We had a great visit with Joe and Nancy. I love to see the snowbirds return home after a long winter sunning in Arizona. : )

(Joe and Nancy~ I'm bummed I let you guys get away without pictures. I'll be ready with my camera on Mother's Day)

Amy chose pizza for her birthday dinner and our good friends came up the hill to help us eat it and celebrate. After dinner, she opened her presents from the Grandma and Grandpa that live too far away to be here. So Mom and Dad, here's the joy your presents brought:










The Perfect Nightgown for our Little Princess!


Quote from the princess: "I've ALWAYS wanted an umbrella!"
And Last But Not Least~

Another Set of Wheels! Roller Skates! (The other princess is working through her jealousy issues) : )

This was a blast from the past for me. Does anyone else remember having skates that fit over your tennis shoes? We had to learn without all the protective gear, though, huh? No helmets, elbow and knee pads...How did we survive?


They still need bottom pads! : )
Phew! Like I said we had a wonderful day and we still have Saturday to come! Amy's fifth birthday is turning into a series of blog posts! I guess you don't turn five every day. : )
OK, Mom....there you go. Your favorite type of blog posts....Tons of pictures, videos, and all about your girls. No more complaining about my American Idol and Oprah posts! Hee Hee!!! : )

6 comments:

The Jernigan Family said...

Oh my gosh a helmet that lights up? How did we ever survive without one! I can't believe how big the girls are! Can't wait to introduce them to their cousin Sage and they can tell her what all the cool toys are. Lots of love to the birthday girl!!

Katy said...

So cute Beck, and these are my favorite posts too! I love seeing pictures of the kids! Looks like she had a blast and I'm sure she will have just as much fun on Saturday. I always thought having my birthday in the middle of the week was crummy, but these days it just makes it last longer! Love ya!

andreawilliams said...

Love the skate video! Priceless.

Emma said...

I can't believe she's riding without training wheels, that's awesome! What a big girl!

Anonymous said...

God bless your birthday party tomorrow, Amy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.