Wednesday, October 14, 2009

W.O.W. Results- I Painted! : )

I'm a wannabe, but I had fun!

I didn't know what I was going to paint exactly, just that I was itching to be creative. So, I grabbed some acrylic paints, brushes, stencils, and the value double pack of canvases at Michael's and pretended I was a little kid again. I searched the Internet for inspiration and then just started paining. You gotta try it! It is so much fun!

The view above Prince Charming's dresser last week:





















Here it is this week:





























And Papa's handsome picture that was once in a boring white $2 frame, is now a $3 frame because I added some Fire Engine Red paint to it. : )


Before:





















After:



















And this guy is no longer sitting on the floor:




















It's hanging on the wall:
























Woo-Hoo. What a fun project! Thank you, Heidi and Emily for playing along with me and for the others of you who cheered me on.

I tried to take a painting class once, and I think the instructor had a hard time not laughing me out of the class. It was fun to try this and not need it to look like anything, just a little token of love from a mommy to her boy.

My kitchen table and floor were an art studio for the week. And I had to paint at night when kids were asleep who wanted desperately to HELP me with my project.





Now the girls want paintings for their rooms. A ball is one thing...painting Shawn Johnson and a puppy dog is another!

What do you think, Prince Charming. Do you like your room?


How did your projects go?



10 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! You did such a great job on those paintings! The red paint on Papa's frame really looks great too! His room looks awesome!
Wanna decorate my kids room? LOL :)

B.D.Riehl said...

Amazing!!! What talent you have! And I have to ask: where did you get that adorable police car picture?
Great job!

Emma said...

You did awesome on those paintings! My baseball would have ended up looking like a rotten egg, and my football would have looked like a terd. I'm sure LOL. Papa's picture looks good in that red too! He'd be proud.

Sally Jo said...

You are so talented. (You young kids must not care as much about sleep as us old folks do). You and Em both paint after a full day of taking care of kids. The room looks great!

The Jernigan Family said...

Looks great, very creative...I love the new picture of uncle Roy the red really makes it pop. Sorry I couldn't partake, but I now have TONS of projects after being out of commission for 2 months. I am in next time!!
Love ya, and Uncle Roy would be proud, and I am proud that it says Olympia!!

jenifriend said...

great job becky! you've inspired me to bust out the chalks and canvas boards!!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

You should be so proud of yourself girlie!! Those looks GREAT! I don't think I could ever paint like that. I bet your little man is lovin his newly decorated room!

Hilty Sprouts said...

I'm impressed! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Your paintings turned out awesome! Wish I could paint that well :-( Great inexpensive art solution. Hope you're having a good weekend...
pk @ Room Remix

Bethany said...

Wow, you did a great job! I love how they look- I'm sure the cutie will love them for years to come!