Thursday, October 1, 2009

Three Quick Things...


1. Could you take a quick moment to answer my poll on the sidebar? Thanks! : )

2. I have 9 pounds to go to reach my weight loss goal, and I'm in serious need of some motivation/encouragement to make it to the end. I'm not exactly sure what I've got planned, but I was wondering if there are any other readers out there interested in supporting each other on my fitness blog to lose 10 pounds?

They could be your first 10, to get you jumped started, they might just be 10 that you've been packing around for awhile and know you'd feel better to kiss them goodbye, or you might be like me, 10 pounds away from a goal you've been working toward for a long time and need a push to cross the finish line. I just think it would be fun to do some kind of challenge, or book club, or support group, or something to give us all the accountability and support we need. Anyone out there interested or possibly interested? I'll come up with more details soon and let me know if you have some fun ideas. As always, the focus will be lasting change, not quick fixes. (Who wants those 10 pounds back at the end? I don't!) : )

3. Nester is starting a new series on her blog this month called "31 Days to a Better Dressed Nest." Sounds like fun and thought some of you domestic divas out there might be interested.

Happy Thursday!

Love,

7 comments:

J said...

Count me in! I'd like my post pregnancy love handles to go away...they are keeping me out of my normal jeans...and with the cooler weather now here, I need those jeans! :o) It was great fun meeting you as well! I hope to see you this Sunday, too. :o)

Emma said...

I'm in too. I have about 20 lbs to my goal, and I've been on a downward spiral lately. Luckily, I'm breastfeeding two babies, so I haven't gained any back, just haven't lost any in a while. I think a little accountability and some motivation would help a lot!!

Becky Avella said...

I'm excited about doing this together. : )

jenifriend said...

the last 10 pounds are the hardest, and i'm also trying to reach the finish line in this goal as well. i would absolutely be interested in doing something to provide encouragement to one another. i have a wedding dress to fit back into - yeah i said it! - in 6 months!!

Anonymous said...

I've lost 11 already, but had a bad week this week. Didn't lose any - house guests, a bad cold, etc. Need to lose 30 more. Six is first big goal and then another 14, then the final ten. Nice to have goals along the way. I'm in for doing ten with you!!

Together we can do it!!!

The other Becky

Anonymous said...

Losing 10 would be good for me, so I'll think about joining up. The support/accountability would be a good thing, I'm thinkin. Hope you're having a good weekend!
pk @ room remix

B.D.Riehl said...

Very interested. I only have 5 pounds to go to be prepregnancy weight, but I was 10 pounds overweight when I got pragnant! I would love to lose 15. And run a mini marathon next summer. Count me in whatever you do!