Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ooh! I Want One! What Would Your Rules Be?

In my blog surfing today, I stumbled across this craft idea on We Are That Family and saw her inspiration at The Pleated Poppy. I love, love, love it and can't wait to make my own. You gotta go see it.

After reading more about the project here, I've been contemplating What do I want our family rules to be?

I love some of the rules on the Pleated Poppy, but before I go commit them all to canvas, I want to think through What is our family all about?

One of my favorites from her board was ENCOURAGE YOUR SIBLINGS...SHARE IN THEIR JOY This is a concept I've been trying to teach my kids. I really like the way this is worded.

So I'm curious- What rules would you put on your family rules board?

Get me to Michael's, I got to get my craft on. : )

4 comments:

Emma said...

That is such a cute idea. Not sure what our house rules would be, but I love the "daddy hug mommy" one LOL. I could do this very cheaply because I already have tons of paper for scrapbooking, and I have a cricut machine so I could cut out all the letters, make them into stickers,and stock them to the paper. You've got me all excited about this one :)

The kids said...

Isn't it gorgeous. I saw it a few weeks ago, and have got my canvas......and thats it LOL. Cant wait to see yours

Sally Jo said...

That would be easy. I'd just go to proverbs, pick out 6 or 7 of my favorites for my family, and rewrite them in kid language. Love, Mom

Sally Jo said...

Oops, I mean Proverbs