Friday, September 25, 2009

Reunited!

Saeed returned home to his wife and kids last night. I wish I could have been a part of the celebration at the airport last night. It was too late for my kids, but I celebrated from home.

Here's some excerpts from a local news station report his homecoming:

A man who says he was in Iranian custody and threatened with his life, has come back home -- safely.


29-year-old Saeed Abedini spent the last couple months in Tehran trying to win his freedom.
Just when he thought he wouldn't get it, he did.

It was an emotional homecoming for Abedini, a reunion nearly two months in the making.
The mood is one of immense joy now, but lately life for the family wasn't this way.

Two young kids without their dad, a wife without her husband.


“I was just waiting, praying maybe one day I can see my family again.” said Saeed Abedini


Friends have been waiting for this day, too


“I'm a family man, to see a dad reunite with his family is pretty touching.” said Doug McFerrin, a family friend.


“The thing that really goes through my mind when I think of Saeed coming home is miracle because I don't know the odds didn't look good for him.” said Thomas Velasco, a family friend

Abedini, an Iranian born-Muslim, converted to Christianity.


He went back to his home country to help Christians meet in underground churches.


His work got the attention of Iranian authorities, and they arrested him.


“I didn't know what will happen in next hour, sometime scared to be beaten, be in jail.” said Saeed.


At times he was threatened with death.


But when he heard friends were praying for him, he says it gave him strength


“Sometimes I got very weak, but when I heard people are praying, it just like made me again live.”


Thank you so much to all of you who were apart of praying this man home to his family. I can't believe how much this family's faith and being able to be a part of watching this miracle happen has strengthened my own faith and given me so much joy:

Praising God today!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Praising God with you Becky! What a wonderful testimony to prayer and the power of our God! Thanks for sharing this story.

Hilty Sprouts said...

This is nothing short of a miracle. Praise God!