When Zonderkidz contacted me and let me know they were sending me another book to share with you all, I was so excited and waited for it to come in the mail like a little kid.
When The Princess and the Three Knights by Karen Kingsbury arrived in the middle of the afternoon, I knew I wanted to wait to read the story to my own princesses when they came home from school, so I just sat on the living room couch and enjoyed the illustrations over a cup of coffee. I know it sounds cheesy, but the only word I could come up with to describe these pictures was "lovely."
This truly is a beautiful book. I hope it is OK that I snapped some photos of a few pages so you could have a sneak peak:
I just wanted to step into the pages and be in that world for a little bit. The illustrator started out as a muralist. I want to invite her over and have her paint a mural in my house! Think she'll make the trip from Canada to accommodate me? : )
When the girls got home from school, we snuggled up on the couch and read the story together.
The theme of the book comes from 1 Corinthians 13:4,7 "Love always protects."
My friend, Angela, told me her husband "dates" their daughters so they will know how to expect to be treated some day when they are older and looking for love.
I liked reading a story to my girls that reminded them that they are worthy of love that doesn't take from them but gives to them. Love that desires to protect, not to use. I highly recommend this sweet story!
And of course it ends as all good fairy tales do:
Now the fun part! I get to share one of these books with one of you!
Here's how to enter the giveaway:
1. Leave me a comment and let me know you want to win.
That's it! : )
But of course, you know by now that if you want extra chances to win, I'll bribe you with getting the word out about the book and my blog. : )
Here's how to be able to leave extra comments for extra entries if you are so inclined:
1. Facebook the giveaway and invite your friends over to enter
2. Tweet about the giveaway and invite your followers over to enter
3. Blog about the giveaway and invite your readers over to enter
4. And as a thank you to my faithful followers, if you are a follower of this blog or become one before the drawing ends on Saturday, September 19th, you can leave me a comment telling me so.
5. Also, I want to make sure Zonderkidz gets some attention for their generosity. Stop by their website and look around. Let me know in a comment for another entry. I've really been impressed with the books they've sent me.
This is important: Remember to leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each of these things you do. Each thing above earns you another entry and each comment is your entry.
I'll use the Random Number Generator on Saturday to see who wins. : )
By the way, the book comes highly recommended by Oldest and Littlest Princess as well.
Hope you are all having a great weekend!