Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pray for America Today

Today is the National Day of Prayer. Please don't forget to pray for our country.

I feel such a heavy burden for this country I love and for our collective need to cry out to God and "humbly implore His favor and protection." I don't want to see a day come when we've so turned our back on God that He needs to lift that protection and favor.

Prayer does have "the power to change lives and to change the course of history." It's because in prayer, we are going to the source of all power, wisdom, and mercy. I've seen God do amazing things in my own life and the lives of the people I love. There has never been a greater need for that same blessing on our country.

Pray for the upcoming elections. Pray for our protection. Pray that our leaders will have wisdom and will hear God's voice and submit to it. But more than anything, pray we will all recognize our need for Jesus and that there would be revival in this land. We need Him. We all need more of Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen