Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Princesses Have New 'Dos

It is amazing to me within three days of writing this post, we are now enjoying weather in the 70's and 80's. The girls are outside in their barefeet and jammies playing on their swingset. I guess that's the fun of living in the Northwest. VARIETY! : )
Yesterday, the beautiful weather inspired me, but I just felt bored and didn't know what to do with myself, so Pat intervened and sent his girls out for Mommy/Daughters fun. And what is more fun for girls then a trip to the beauty parlor, right?
Look What We Did!!!

SEVERAL inches gone!

This one ended up MUCH shorter than I asked for, but it turned out so cute, I didn't complain. Plus she's VERY happy with the result.

Lot's of smiles over the results! : )

OOH But That's Not ALL We Did!

(Brace yourself Grandma)

Amy has been fascinated lately with earrings and has been asking to get her ears "peeled." I didn't want to get it done because it represented growing up to me, so I pulled the old "ask your Daddy" card out of my pocket and he shocked me by saying, "Sure. Why not? That's what girls do, right?"

So after we finished with the haircuts, we swung by the mall and got their ears peeled, I mean pierced. : ) They were troopers! They hugged a teddy bear, held my hand, and sucked on Jolly Ranchers. Amy had the most angry face on for awhile afterwards, but there were no tears. Now the hard part comes with keeping up with the cleaning and making sure they don't get infected. My babies are officially not babies anymore. : (

The whole thing is a little bittersweet for me, but we had such a fun day~


Karissa gives it two-thumbs up!

And Amy woke up this morning still smiling! : )


And laughing : )

I'll end with a video to make you smile:





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHH the joy! The girls are beautiful. AND so grown up. Tell them I love them. Grandma

Missy said...

Oh, I cannot WAIT to get my girls' ears pierced!! I had to beg my mom for a year - I am going to be begging my girls!! ;)

Angie said...

Oh how sweet. I love the hair...they both look so cute with shorter hair. And the ears...I am pretty sure that I had to wait until I was 9 or 10 to get mine done. What big girls my nieces are these days. Tell them that I think they look beautiful and so grown up.
Love, Ang

Crystal said...

I love their new "hair dos". They are both such beautiful little girls!!! You are blessed, but you know that already : ) Your husband sounds like a Great daddy!! I love girls day out with my big girls as well.

I told Daquiri over at her blog you two seem so fun and cool, I wish we could hang out for coffee : ) I am so impressed by you both!!! Your love for God and family shines through. We have a Sheyboygan in Michigan, but it is spelled like this CHEYBOYGAN : ) I hope you are laughing!! Have a great night~

The Jernigan Family said...

I am so glad I have a girl to do those things with! I told Jeramy about the ear piercing and how when the day came, he was to say no because of the cleaning and infections and the growing up too fast...he told me I was nuts and if she wanted to she could...then I scrolled down and saw you said the same thing and we had a good laugh. Oh it was a sad sad day when Michael was eliminated..he was one of my possible winners...I can't believe that Kristie is still there...it is going to be hard this Tuesday because Deadliest Catch is on too

Katy said...

Beck,
They look so so cute! We did a day like that for Gracie's 6th birthday, and I think I told you when you were here, but he said the same thing as Pat. I was so dissapointed in him. LOL he was supposed to be strong! We miss you guys. When are you heading this way again?
Love,
Katy

Emma said...

It's funny because I think Chad wouldn't really care about Avery's ears being pierced, but I would!! I love the laughing video, so sweet. Avery was sitting on my lap and laughing at Amy. Their hair and pierced ears are so cute! One of these days we're gonna have to go see em.

Jamie said...

Congrats on the book win! You've got a great blog by the way. Your girls are adorable, sounds like you had a fun girls day.
Jamie

Hilty Sprouts said...

Wow! They look so cute! What a fun time.
Jen