Monday, April 28, 2008

No More 4:00 Oprah Dates Part 2

If you are interested in Part One of this series of blog posts, click here.

Before you read this post, please watch this video. It is the post immediately below this one.

I don't want to go any farther without first saying the following:

1. I am not anti-Oprah the person. I am against the message and philosophy she is sharing with the world. It is so easy to be deceived. I sincerely hope and pray she will recognize the emptiness of her message and the evil behind it, and will embrace Truth instead.

2. I know that this video is overly dramatic and may lose credibility because of the presentation, but it is the best video available for giving a short summary of Oprah's beliefs and the teachings she is promoting. There are many other videos that are longer, more in-depth, and less theatrical, but they are so long I'm afraid I'd lose your interest. : )

3. I am motivated by love in writing these blog posts, not a need to be right.

God is Jealous of Me?
There are so many points in this video to talk about, but the first thing that struck my heart was Oprah's confusion over the idea of God being a jealous God.

The first time I watched the video, I yelled out at my computer, "No, Oprah, God isn't jealous of you, He's jealous for you."

That's why I am writing these posts. Not because I want to be right, or slam Oprah, but because I know God is jealous for all of our hearts. He loves us individually and wants all of us to know Him. as He is and as He has defined Himself, not as some man or some talk show host tells you He should be defined.

You know what? I'm jealous, too! I'm jealous for the God I love. I can't stand to see Him misrepresented.

I'm jealous for the people I love and for seekers everywhere. I can't stand to see deception like this fed to those people I love, and to hurting people searching for a real answer. This is harsh but true. The beliefs covered in this video will lead you down a path of destruction right off a cliff. The truth of the Bible will give you abundant life now and hope for all Eternity. This is what I want for the people I love.

So, yes, Oprah. God is a jealous God.

It's true: The lover of your soul is jealous for you.

Love,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky Avella said...

I deleted the comment above because it contained a link I thought might be spam. If this was a legitimate comment, I apologize. Just trying to protect my readers from spam links.

: ) Becky

DDanielle said...

Hi I surfed on over here from Jamie's blog.....I agree with you. I never really got into Oprah. I think its kind of scary how people will blindly follow whatever she says.
My MIL got into "The Secret" that Oprah promoted. OMG what a bunch of hogwash. We have been trying to sell our house for 2 years about 9 months into she kept asking "Have you heard about it? Have you read the book?"
It would just anger me because she really believed that we just didn't put the right "vibes" out there, and that was why our hosue wasn't selling (forget the foreclosure crisis that started here in Detroit 2 years ago).....anyway thanks for th video!

Anonymous said...

I read "My Stroke of Insight" in one sitting - I couldn't put it down. I laughed. I cried. It was a fantastic book (I heard it's a NYTimes Bestseller and I can see why!), but I also think it will be the start of a new, transformative Movement! No one wants to have a stroke as Jill Bolte Taylor did, but her experience can teach us all how to live better lives. Her TED.com speech was one of the most incredibly moving, stimulating, wonderful videos I've ever seen. Her Oprah Soul Series interviews were fascinating. They should make a movie of her life so everyone sees it. This is the Real Deal and gives me hope for humanity.