Friday, April 18, 2008

Things Are Looking Brighter

I am happy to report that we survived our day today, and my girls still love me. : )

Poor Amy had to get 5 shots, but she came home and hopped on her bike and played hard all afternoon. Karissa's two shots didn't slow her down either. I think we are done with immunizations until they are 11 or 12 years old. HALLELUJAH!!!!

They were quite the entertainment at the doctor's office today. I wonder if our male nurse has ever had such chatty patients. They had sooooo much to tell him! He was their best friend until the needles came out. Getting the shots was traumatic, but the trauma was short-lived.

And I am also happy to report that the Neosporin seems to being doing its job. The girls' earlobes are looking great and are healing. They even laughed during cleaning time this evening. Yippeeeee!!!!!!

If I didn't already know the forecast for this weekend (dismal), I'd start singing:

I can see clearly now the rain has gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's going to be a bright, bright sunshiny day
It's going to be a bright, bright sunshiny day

I think I can make it now the pain has gone
And all of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day!!!

Ha Ha....Anyway, I hope you have a sunshiny weekend, regardless of the weather.

Love,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness! I was afraid it would be 6 weeks. It is always harder on the mom.

Katy said...

I'm so glad for you and the girls! There is light at the end of the tunnel!