Happy New Year!! It's 2011 and I can't think of a better way to kick off the New Year here on Everyday Becky than with a giveaway, can you?. : )
Tommy Nelson's Read and Share Bible
Recently, I was looking at my girls and thanking the Lord that they are growing up to be His, with a good understanding of the Bible and faith that is their own. Then I looked at Prince Charming and remembered that we need to be intentional about building that same foundation in him.
About that same time, Tommy Nelson Publishers contacted me to see if I would be interested in reviewing their children's Bible, The Read and Share Bible. I jumped at the chance to add another resource to our library for introducing Prince Charming to the Bible.
He loves his new Bible and calls it "Mine". : ) We just spent some time this morning snuggling on the couch and reading one of the stories.
These are the features I enjoy the most:
- The Simplicity of the Stories- Each two page spread is its own story which is a length consistent with my two-year-old's attention span. He won't sit still for longer stories in other children's Bible's yet.
- The Discussion Starters- At the end of each story is a discussion starter or question to involve the child in the story. I love this because I'm trying to learn myself to "not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says" (James 1:22) and want to teach my kids to not just read but apply what they see in the Bible.
- The Illustrations- The illustrations are Prince Charming's favorite feature. He is still so young for understanding all that we are reading if he will even sit still that long, but he loves the pictures. He will turn the pages and point out different details he likes. I enjoy seeing him engaging with the Bible stories in a positive way even when he is so little.
The Christmas Story as found in the Read and Share Bible
Here's How to Win One!
Tommy Nelson has generously donated a copy for me to give away to one of you and I do love to give things away. Thank you, Tommy Nelson! : )
Just leave me a comment below telling me of a child in your life that you'd like to share this with or if you plan on donating it to your church's children's ministry, tell me that, too. Each comment will be an entry.
Contest is open to U.S. residents only and will end Friday, January 7, 2011 @ 6:00 AM (Mountain Standard Time). I'll post the winner on Friday.
Additional Entry Options-
If you want extra chances to win, leave a separate comment for each of the things you do below. Each comment is an entry. Lot's of extra chances to win! : )
1. Follow my blog through Google Friend Connect or Networked Blogs (see sidebar) or let me know you already do.
2. Follow me on Twitter @BeckyAvella and Tweet about this giveaway.
3. Follow @TommyNelson on Twitter
4. Blog about the giveaway and leave me a link to the post
5. Visit http://www.tommynelson.com/ and tell me what you like. (Hint: There are some Free Goodies on there)
6. Like Tommy Nelson on Facebook.
I'll be back on Friday to announce the winner!
Disclaimer: ** I received a copy of this book for the purpose of review. All of the opinions expressed are my own or those of my children.