This giveaway is now closed. The winner will be announced later today- 1/14/11.
I remember as early as the second grade being aware of my weight and sucking in my tummy so I would look prettier to the little boy I had a crush on.
By the time I was twelve, I went on my first real diet, beginning a cycle of gaining and losing, gaining and losing, that spanned the decades from that 12-year-old version of myself walking into my first Weight Watchers meeting ,to the "34-year-old, 30 pounds over my ideal weight" self I am today. Believe me when I say, I have tried them all.
The last thing I need is another diet book.
Although I am a huge fan of Lysa TerKeurst and Proverbs 31 Ministries, when I heard Lysa's latest book was to be on weight loss, I have to admit I rolled my eyes.
(Please forgive me, Lysa)
The idea of reading one more book on this subject felt painful, and I doubted Lysa, a pretty Southern girl, could really understand those of us who have battled this issue our whole lives. But I'm happy to say I was wrong!
For one thing, as I'm reading Made to Crave, I'm learning Lysa does "get" it. And for another thing, this isn't another diet book. It's a Bible study designed to help find satisfaction in God instead of food. It's a Bible study designed to point the way to victory and to discover keys to lasting change.
And that is definitely something I need.
(long for, desire greatly)
Lysa explains the purpose of Made to Crave here:
Three Exciting Announcements:
1. Lysa is offering a FREE 10-week Made to Crave webcast series for anyone with access to a computer. All you have to do is go to www.MadetoCrave.org at 8:00pm EST every Monday, and you’ll be able to participate from there. (Please note these times are Eastern Standard Times. You will need to adjust for whichever time zone you are in.)
2. Each Monday between now and February 14th, I will be hosting a blog series called, Made to Crave Mondays where I'll be sharing my personal journey reading the book and participating in the webcasts, as well as guest blog posts and video segments from Lysa about Made to Crave.
The drawing is open to U.S. residents only and will end Thursday, January 13th. I'll announce the winner on Friday, January 14th.
Additional Entry Options:
All you have to do is leave a comment below to be entered, but if you want extra chances to win, leave a separate comment for each of the things you do below. Each comment is an entry.
1. Follow my blog through Google Friend Connect or Networked Blogs (see sidebar) or let me know you already do.
2. Follow me on Twitter @BeckyAvella and Tweet about this giveaway.
3. Follow @LysaTerKeurst on Twitter
4. Like Lysa TerKeurst on Facebook by clicking here
5. Blog about the giveaway and leave me a link to the post
I'm excited and hopeful about this journey for you and for me.
Is anything too hard for the Lord? - Genesis 18:14