Wednesday, June 24, 2009

W.O.W. Results

How did you all do? One of my favorite parts of these Within One Week challenges is visiting your blogs later and reading about your success. You always inspire me!

How did I do, you ask? Ummmm.....

Ummmm......

(Blush) Well, I didn't exactly finish.

You know how I'm always preaching to you about celebrating what you were able to get done in the week instead of focusing on what you weren't able to do? Well, it is time to listen to my own sermons.

I picked a really tough week to host this W.O.W. challenge. It never dawned on me that I was scheduling it over Father's Day weekend. (Sorry about that!)

Usually, I'm careful to pick a week that is wide open and easy for me to accomplish my goals. (cheating, I know). I don't know what I was thinking this time around.

We were gone all weekend, and I've been busy, busy, busy. I feel like I've been living in my car shuttling my girls to all of their activities, and well...I didn't even touch the sewing project.

Last night, I was determined to stay awake until it was done so I wouldn't have to admit defeat on this blog. But then it occurred to me that I am the one who has been writing so much about letting go of perfectionism. This was another opportunity to apply my new philosophy of life.

THEREFORE~

Yippee! I got my laundry room pile taken care of!

Remember the before picture:




Here's what it looks like now:





(Don't ask how the rest of my house looks. This just might be the only clean spot in the entire house. Hee Hee)




(Do you see my birds? My Nana gave me this, and I can't wait to paint my laundry room soon, so I can hang this on the wall to hold our keys. I'm thinking maybe an antique blue color. Any paint color suggestions out there?)



I'm so excited about the yard sale we have planned for Feed the Forgotten and Kids Lake. I think we are as ready as we can be until we do the last minute things on Friday. I'll take lots of pictures and tell you how the kids do after we are done on Saturday.

Several families have joined in, and we've added a Kool Aid stand, a bake sale, and of course Oldest Princess will have an "Animal Adoption Center" for the stuffed animals she's been "fostering" and is now trying to find good homes for. Sounds like her, huh? Ha Ha.

It makes me smile to see all of these kids and families so excited about this project. When one meal only costs $0.14, it will be awesome to do the math for the kids after this sale is finished, so they can see the difference they've made. I'm praying they have a lot of success.

Your Turn!

Let me know how you did! Mr. Linky isn't working for me still, so leave me a comment letting me know you have a blog post up about your results. I'll add a link to the bottom of this post. Everyone else, please visit these ladies and congratulate them on their efforts! : )

I will use Random.org to choose a number from this list of links and announce the coffee winner on Friday. Good Luck!

Here Are Our Players and Their Results:

Katy
Bethany
Heidi
Andi



Way to Go!

(Even if you didn't get it ALL done like me. We have more done then we did last week!)

1 comment:

B.D.Riehl said...

Wow! That shelf looks amazing! I agree that an antique blue would look great for the birds;)
I'm as done for this week as I'll ever be. Good job for practicing what you preach:)