Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sleeping In, Eating Ice Cream, Swimming in the Lake, It Must Be.....

....vacation. : )

We arrived at Mom and Dad's house on Friday for a week of rest and relaxation. The princesses are being spoiled, I'm getting waited on, and King Charming is vegging in front of movies. I'm sure there will be a pinochle game some time soon.

With my pregnancy history, we weren't sure if we should try to travel at all this summer. My OB gave me the green light and we decided we wanted a break from the routine. So here we are! : ) I told you I was impulsive!

It isn't a flashy vacation, but it is just what I needed....a chance to get out of town, spend time with the people I love, and do nothing but swim, eat, watch movies, and sleep. Ahhh....

One of the things I've been enjoying the most is quality time with God. Usually vacations are so packed with activity, I end up taking a vacation from my spiritual life as well. This time, I've been surprised by the amount of free time I keep finding each day. I've enjoyed my quiet times with the Lord so much!

I've also had opportunities to work on the book I'm writing. It is a project that is close to my heart, and I dream of the day it is a book instead of files on my hard drive. I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel! I can't wait to share it with you all some day.

I better go help Mom make dinner instead of expecting her to wait on me hand and foot.

Happy Summer Everyone!

Love,

7 comments:

Katy said...

Sounds awsome! See you Friday!

andreawilliams said...

Sounds perfect!

Hilty Sprouts said...

Glad you guys are having fun!

Anonymous said...

We miss you! So... where are the pictures??

:) Marisa

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Here's hoping you have a restfull respite with HIM!

Daiquiri said...

Hey Beck! Glad you got there safely, and are enjoying your time :) You deserve a good break, you hard workin' mama!

We're having a good trip too. I didn't realize until this morning that we had internet acess...woke up to find a laptop sitting on the kitchen counter! Que angels singing! :)

I'm not really going to blog though. Although I don't really use me left thumb to type, it hurts anyway.

I took a butcher knife to a watermelon the other day...and got my thumb in the mix too. I thought for sure I'd need stitches, but Dad was able to fix me up. I've never cut myself like that before! I'm just hoping it heals enough for me to get in the lake by Thursday or so.

Sorry to go on and on. I miss you!

Have a great vacation. When do you get home?

Love ya,
Daiq

Anonymous said...

thanks for everything