Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My American Idol Weekly Verdict


OK, here it is for all of you American Idol junkies like me. : ) My weekly verdict.

I thought the whole show was really entertaining last night. A few of the performers seem to be fizzling instead of improving, but the rest are just getting better and better every week. It is going to be tough to see any go.

The ones I think are vulnerable tonight are: Syesha, Ramiele, David Hernandez, and Kristy Lee Cook. If I had to pick just one, I'd predict David Hernandez is going home tonight. But it is a toss up for me between him and Ramiele.

Here's my picks:

Star of the night:
No doubt about it, Chikezie was the star. Who knew he could do that? His performance was a lot of fun and set the tone for the night. It was a hard act for Ramiele to follow.

Consistently bringing great performances week after week:
David Cook

Still Need to Find a Great Song:
My original favorites coming 0ut of Hollywood week were Carly Smithson and Michael Johns, but both have disappointed me a little. They are really talented, but haven't had their moments of shining yet. Carly did better last night than she has in the past. She's improving every week, too.

Rising to the Top:
The one who is really beginning to win my heart is Brooke White. She gets better every week and I love her style.

Why I'm not an Amanda Fan:
I know there are a lot of Amanda Overmyer fans out there, but here's why she's not my favorite. Every song sounds the same to me. When I try to imagine her album, I can't see myself enjoying it because she doesn't have any variety. She's a rocker, but Christ Daughtry was too, and he showed he could sing anything. She hasn't proven that to me yet.

Things that made me laugh:

Simon!

To Jason Castro:
"You sounded like a student in your room at midnight." Huh? If you DVR'd it last night, you should rewind it and look for the guy in the background trying to figure out what Simon is saying. He's semi bald with a navy and white Polo on. The look on his face is priceless. : )

Or how about to Kristy Lee Cook:
"You sounded like Dolly Parton on helium." You have to laugh at that one. : )

But nothing beats Paula a few weeks ago when she said to David Archuleta, "You're just so cute. I just want to squeeze you, and pop your head off, and hang you from my rear view mirror." (quoted from my memory) We had to rewind the DVR many times to hear that one over again. Run David, run! : )

Best News of All:
The results show has been moved to Wednesday instead of Thursday. Yippeee!!!! I hope that is a permanent change. We have Thursday night Bible Study homegroup to go to, and I always had to stay up really late to hear the results. I'm a happy girl!

Leave me a comment with your picks and reviews. : ) I'm just so glad there are other AI junkies out there with me.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I couldn't agree with you more on all but one...I'm not a big fan of David Cook. I don't know why but I guess I just don't like his style. That said, he has done good every week.

Chikezie shocked me last night. I had no idea that he had that in him.

I also am really, really starting to like Brooke White. She does need to learn how to dance though.

David Archuleta is my favorite. I know he didn't do well last night but I think he earned a "bad week". He's been so awesome every other week in my mind.

So that's it from Angie's corner. I guess I should do an AI update on my blog too. Then we could compare. Sorry this is so long but I'm also an AI Junkie and I love the chance to voice my oppione :)

Anonymous said...

Here's my guess - David Archuleta and Brooke White will be the final two for the show. Even though David didn't do a great job - he is still awesome to me and deserves to win!!!

missy said...

I can always count on you for a gret Idol recap. My picks are Brooke White and the dredlocks dude. They were not my original picks but have both won me over. And Christie Lee Cook has got to go. That was so awful. You can rock up the Beatles but they can't go country.