Here's what really happened:
1. Because of a late school event the night before, we woke up to all of the dinner dishes waiting for us: stuck on, greasy meatloaf crusted plates and pans = grumpy start.
2. Potty Training- I'll spare you all the gory details, but after several tantrums, an extra large bottle of bubbles dumped on the bathroom floor, and an absolute REFUSAL to point his "thing" down so he wouldn't pee on Mommy's face, Prince Charming made it VERY CLEAR that he was NOT ready for this new skill. I tendered my potty training resignation after only two hours of trying. : )
3. By this time in the morning, a large crowd of neighborhood kids
4. Then Littlest Princess found me to tell me the upstairs toilet was clogged. While she came looking for me, Oldest Princess went in and flushed some more trying to "fix" the problem. By the time I made it up the stairs, a crowd of children had gathered to see the fascinating toilet fountain that had flooded the bathroom floor and was seeping in to the hallway carpet.
I sweetly asked them all to exit my home while I figured out how to stop the fountain and clean up the flood. (Confession- maybe not so sweetly at all. Maybe I'm a little afraid of the stories they told their parents that night of my teeny tirade)
5. I'm still trying to block out the memory of the screaming match with my children outside in the front yard for all the neighbors to see and hear while I convinced my oldest two that it was their duty to watch their little brother while I rescued our home.
And then it happened.
I walked back in the house, into the laundry room, and reached up to the top shelf and accidentally knocked this container of Oxy Clean down on my head. : )
|And It Was Only Noon!|
Being Super Mom is just harder work than you think. For some reason, though, I don't think I'm ready to ask for another day off any time soon.
Here's to us all having a weekend with low expectations! LOL!