Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Music Moves Me. What About You?

First, I'm so glad I was able to make so many of you laugh at my expense yesterday. : ) And I must report that Oldest Princess is VERY proud of being right.

And she is perfectly safe. She did not get carried off to Oz. Thanks for your concern. : )


I'm so moved by music.

I'm also moved by words.

I love it when beautiful music is combined with beautiful words. Some songs entertain me, some convict me, some lead me to worship. Others spark my imagination.

Sometimes God speaks to me through songs better than a sermon.

When my mind was too numb from grief, music was a way He delivered messages of hope to my heart. And recently, I noticed He is using songs to inspire my writing.

My latest favorite song is "What Do I Know of Holy" by Addison Road. I love how it speaks to me about my own past and my own heart condition. I love how it reminds me to not limit God and to remember He is not a tame lion.

I'm excited about how the lyrics of this song are helping me to define and create one of the characters in the novel I'm writing.






What about you? Do you have any songs that are speaking to you currently? What do you think of this one? Do these lyrics speak to you? I'd love to hear how.

1 comment:

Shiloh said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. I love music and I feel like God uses it in my life in so many different ways.