Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Common Sense Ain't So Common

Or at least I can say it isn't one of my strong suits. : )

I did something really stupid today, and I'm so thankful I didn't burn my face off. You know that steam mop I've been lusting after wanting? Well, I finally got one! It's actually a steam cleaner that comes with a mop attachment, and I'm having so much fun blasting germs and making my sink shiny. Mopping my floor is so easy now! But I digress....

Today, while I was cleaning my bathroom, I thought I needed to add some more water. So without thinking, I just unscrewed the cap on the boiler to add some more water. BAD IDEA!!!!

KABOOM~ The cap exploded off while I got sprayed full on in the face with a burst of steam. My hair, face, shirt, and arms were all soaked with water. Guess I needed a facial. : )

It really shook me up to think how quickly I could do something dumb and be really hurt. I've been walking around all day praying, "Thank you Lord that I didn't get burned."

I'm a pretty smart gal~ book smart, not street smart. My fourth grade teacher used to lovingly refer to me as her absent minded professor.

Goodnight from a very thankful to still have a face,

8 comments:

Hilty Sprouts! said...

Oh dear! I'm glad you still have a face! :0)

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Don't worry Beck. You aren't the only one who has done something without thinking. I have too but I think the king is Uncle Scott. You know, the man with the most common sense in the world. Well, he stuck his hand inside a combine gear box while it was still on. Almost lost his hand in the process. Luckily he only lost the skin (for awhile) and not the whole thing. Make you feel better?

The Jernigan Family said...

So now having second thoughts about lusting after the steam mop. Do you still like it, or has that put a damper on your relationship. I am still teatering on the idea of gettig one,what do you think?

Katy said...

I have to say I love mine too! Never had that happen yet but only because you warned me! I'm sure I would have been next! Thanks for the warning, glad it didn't burn you! :)

Becky said...

Thanks for making me feel better everyone. Aunt Dana~ The story I always remember about Uncle Scott is when he fell off the chair lift. : ) Mia~ I would definitely recommend the one I got. I'll do another post on what kind it is soon.

Kim said...

WOW Thank God you didn't get burned. I got burned by heating something in the microwave and took the plastic off and really burnt my hand from the steam.

Mom said...

Oh babe, it was because you used mine first so you didn't feel like you had to read all the directions. It says over and over not to over load the water--or unscrew the cap until it is cooled down. I am so sorry, but thankful that you are alright. I would have felt so bad if you had been hurt bad by my birthday present. Mom

Mom said...

Please go back now and read all the directions and warnings. Love, Mom again