Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rest for the Weary


During my study time, I read this paraphrase of Matthew 11:28-29 and felt like it was a memo of love to me this morning and figured I couldn't be the only one who needed it.

So here is an invitation today to you from Jesus:

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly. (The Message)


Learning the unforced rhythms of grace today,

3 comments:

Sally Jo said...

Dear Lord, May Becky be blessed with the Grace she is talking about here. Give her rest and peace!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Beautiful! And a great reminder for me to spend more time reading The Message translation, I love the fresh look on familiar passages that it provides.

Muthering Heights said...

I love this take on this particular verse...