Wow, am I ever in need of this W.O.W. challenge! : )
For those new to W.O.W., it stands for Within One Week. It is a challenge I host periodically and is open to anyone and everyone who has a goal they'd like to accomplish within a week, enjoys support and cheerleading, and would like a shot at winning a free coffee on me. I'd love to have some new players this round, so if you haven't joined us in the past, I hope you will this round. You can read up on what W.O.W. is by clicking the W.O.W. label on my sidebar for more info, or email me and I can walk you through how to join us. It's fun! And it feels so good to get something checked off your to-do list.
My goal for this week:
We recently jumped into homeschooling two months ago. It has been a huge blessing, but by jumping in mid-year like we did, things are a tad disorganized around here. (That's an understatement!)
All of my focus and energy has been on schooling, and all other things have been pushed aside- housework, menu planning, ministry work, even blogging! LOL
I've come to the conclusion that it is now time to develop some kind of workable schedule and routine around here so we aren't just reacting to mess and always trying to stay one step ahead of it. I don't want to be afraid anymore that someone is going to knock on the front door and see how messy things have gotten. : )
I love being hospitable and I also want to work homemaking into our school experience, so that's my goal. I want to develop some kind of a system, routine, and cleaning schedule that will actually work for us.
I'm starting with this old tin box:
When I was a little girl, I remember my mom using a card-file system for housecleaning. Years ago, she gave me all of her old cards and dividers:
Everything was color-coded and filed in the box according to the frequency of when they needed to be done: daily, weekly, monthly.
I found this card in the box. It must be at least 25 years old. My color must have been pink. : )
I've decided to give that old system a try. So within one week, I hope I have something developed that will work for us.
1. What would you like to see done in one week? Do you have a fitness goal, a business goal, a house goal, writing goal? Write a blog post about it or leave a comment on here. You are welcome to use my W.O.W. image above.
2. Come back here and link up using McLinky.
3. Next, Monday, I'll have a new post here for us to link up our results. Again, if you don't have a blog, feel free to use my comments section. We can cheer you on from here. I'll tell you how I did, and someone will win Starbucks on me.
A few things to remember:
1. The more people who play, the more fun we have. Please invite your friends to join us. And please link back to this post from your post.
2. Choose a goal that isn't too overwhelming, something that can be done in a week without too much stress.
3. If you don't finish, that's OK, too! You will be closer to finishing it than you were a week ago, and that is something to celebrate!
4, Please visit the other players often throughout the week to cheer them on
Have fun! I can't wait to be inspired by you all!